- The Dr.Web- scanner with graphical interface - It scans the selected by a user objects on drives by request, detects and neutralizes viruses in memory, checks autorun files and processes.
- On-access monitor SpIDer Guard- - It intercepts in a real time mode all accesses to files, detects and blocks suspicious behaviour of programs.
- SpIDer Mail- resident mail filter - Assures safe work with e-mail messages scanning POP3/SMTP/IMAP/NNTP protocols. Provides a top-level security for handling both Inbound and Outbound e-mail.
- The Dr.Web command line scanner - Scans selected objects on drives by request, detects and neutralizes viruses in memory, checks autorun files and processes.
- The automatic updating utility - Downloads updates of the virus bases and program modules, and also conducts a registration procedure and delivers the license or the demo key files.
- The Scheduler - Schedules automations for the anti-virus protection, for example, virus bases updates, scanning of computer drives, scanning of autorun files.
Multilevel protection of your computer by Dr.Web for Windows:
- Any files potentially dangerous for a system are scanned by the SpIDer Guard resident monitor in a real time mode immediately after they come to your computer. Any file, whether it is written from an external carrier (diskette, CD-ROM, Flash-disk, smart card and so on), or a file downloaded from another computer from the network, or a file attached to a mail message - they all will be perceived by a SpIDer Guard's watchful eye and come to a disk only after they receive a "green light" from this impartial guard.
- Any mail message sent to your e-mail address before it comes to your mail box on the local disk will be checked by the SpIDer Mail mail filter, and if nothing dangerous is found, it will be passed through. Even if the virus is hidden in the archived file, as many mail worms do now, the Dr.Web Anti-virus engine will certainly find it inside. Even the crafty trick of a password protected archive with a virus from the latest arsenal of virus writers will not pose an obstacle for the Dr.Web anti-virus. Besides, SpIDer Mail scan prevents distribution of viruses from the infected computer even if this variety of virus is not included into the virus base.
- Dr.Web for Windows can also detect and neutralize the viruses existing only in the main computer memory and which are never met in the form of files. These are notorious CodeRed and Slammer, which have overflown the world with the epidemics and caused multibillion damages.